Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ten Down, Happier Than Ever.

Lamar and I decided to experince a New England Fall for our 10 Year Anniversary. Dreamy Right?.... It was, and then some.
We had 6 days...no kids...no schedules...could it be true? It was amazingly perfect in every way. We flew into Manchester, NH and drove 45 min to the most amazing B&B on Harris Island (basically York, ME) for three days. Then we drove from the coast of Maine back to New Hampshire and up the middle of the state through the mountains. There we spent 3 days at another B&B in the country. Seriously, it was like a town in the movies. Gorgeous!!!!! Colorful foliage EVERYWHERE! Pics can't ever begin to do it justice. So here is how our blog works: Lamar is the creater and driving force behind our blog. He'll decide he wants to do a post, picks what he wants, gets it all ready to publish, and then asks me to do the writing. For better or worse, this is our system.

Hiking the Flume in NH. It was heavenly.


This is the view from our porch in Maine. It was so dreamy.

At the water's edge of our B&B in Maine.

We went for a walk in York and found a Pub for dinner. This park was across the street. The ocean is just beyond the park. I felt like I was in a Jane Austin Movie!

We had a sliding door that opened onto our porch. This is our view looking out. (Maine)

The dock on the side of the B&B in Maine. I tried with all my might to convince Lamar to have our house sold and our kids sent out to us. I wanted one of the houses in the background more than I can describe.

Nubble Light House in York, Maine.

Awesome covered bridge; part of the hike at the Flume Gorge.

Hiking the Flume

Still hiking the Flume!

My sweetie is a fan of action shots. This is dedicated to him. It was my first ever "action shot" photo session.

Lamar's action shot. That's some pretty good air! We were on a drive through the mountains and decided to stop at a scenic pull-over. Next thing I knew we were laughing and having so much fun doing this photo shoot of "action shots". Lamar is so much fun to be with!

We woke up our first morning at the B&B in NH and went down to breakfast. This was what it looked like outside. In every direction, this was our view. So Awesome!

On our way back down the mountain and to the airport we stopped at this amazing little hiking trail tucked off the highway, that was only about 15 minutes long beside this stream that created a swirling basin at the bottom. Hence it was called "The Basin". So Fun!!!


Lamar and I agreed that second to experiencing Norway 5 years ago, this was by far our favorite getaway together. Enchanting, Treasured, Romantic, Relaxing, Breathtaking... Trip of a lifetime.

14 comments:

Allred's said...

You guys are so beautiful together with such happy faces. That must happen when you get tonz of alone time in a gorgeous place. The fall colors were so pretty. And your action shot is classic. Thanks for sharing your coll pics.

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

I am personally holding you responsible for my crazy desire to own a B&B in Maine making a comeback. It's been 2 1/2 years and I just barely got that idea out of my head. Looks like a dream world. So glad you had a good trip. The chocolate was fantastic. (This is Ryan in case Shannon leaves a comment later.)

Amber H. said...

This looks and sounds like SUCH an amazing trip! WOW! Josh and I are celebrating our 10 years this coming May so I need to start planning. Thanks for the reminder! I love your action shots BTW :o) So fun!

Mary said...

oh my goodness these pics are amazing. you both deserved it, what a great couple you are.

we love you guys...happy 50+ more!

Jody C. said...

looks like you two had a great time together. the pictures are breath taking. i sure wished AZ would have great fall months. fat chance.

Amy said...

It looks so beautiful there. What an amazing trip. Congratulations on Ten Years!

Lisa said...

I am ready to pack my house up and move RIGHT NOW! It looks so beautiful there.
Congrats on making it to ten years! That's a really long time! I'm pretty sure I owe money to someone for you guys making it that long. ;) (I'm TOTALLY kidding)

My family Begins said...

These pictures gave me a sudden inner urge to look for plane tickets to Maine. The countyside is so beautiful.

I can't believe the two of you have been married for 10 years, how time flies.

Deanne said...

Okay thanks for making us all feel jealous. That looks so relaxing and romantic. Good for you guys and happy 10 years! The scenery is amazing.

corbanandnoelle said...

You guys are so adorable! What a fun and dreamy 10 year celebration! I think everyone dreams of having one of those! I look forward to it, but I hope it takes it's time in coming...life goes so quickly that I get scared that one day I will wake up and 65 and wish I could turn back the clock! I am really wanting to take President Monson's advice to just enjoy every single day of the journey! Lamar...it can be rough being a woman. They say the men couldn't handle the things women go through, whaddaya think about that! But, really, thanks for wishing us well with this baby! It should be any day now...but hopefully not til Thursday or Saturday! (Too much going on before then! But, they come when they want to, eh!?)

Kruger Family said...

That looks so much fun..and with no kids. Now thats something everyone needs...

Unknown said...

LOVE all these pics - I'm so green with envy. Looks like you had a fabulous time.

The Hermyzoo! said...

Wow what an amazing vacation for just the two of you. Your right the colors are beautiful. Happy 10th.

Lisa said...

HEY!!! DO YOU EVER UPDATE THIS THING??? Are you alive? What's going on?? ;) Are you out there?? HELLO???