Friday, March 13, 2009

The Long Awaited Disneyland Post

We went with Shannon and Ryan to Disneyland in February. It was so much fun!! We decided to leave April with my Aunt Charlene because she was only a year and a half, and would not have been much fun. We missed her so much, but it was so great to have our little "foursome" again. We enjoyed having the one on one with each of the kids.


Elizabeth didn't enjoy Splash Mountain as much as we had hoped.


However, Buzz Lightyear was a Huge hit for the whole family.


Finding Nemo...Claustrophobia or fun?.....



Just after getting off of Finding Nemo, with the Matterhorn for a perfect back drop!



My daughter had one singular goal at Disneyland...ARIEL!!...everything else was just filler until we did. Luckily we saw Ariel on the first day, so the next two days were relaxed and carefree for our little mermaid stocker.


These were the Orange Stingers at California Adventure. Working right to left is: Bryson, Abby, me, Elizabeth, and Braden. This was definately a unanimous crowd pleaser among the cousins.


Two of the most obsessed Disneyland fans I have ever met. These are the brains, (and schemes) behind every Disneyland vacation we have ever had (which would be semi-annual if they had their wish, and financing to back it up).


I love this photo of Ryan and Abby. Notice Ryan's shirt that he was modeling ever so suavely for us. It is his "Trophy Husband" t-shirt that Shannon gave him. Absolutely befitting, I have no doubt.
Here is the gang in Flick's Land. Everything was a pose!


Bryson and Lizzie wanted Mickey Ears for their keep sakes. I love it!!! What Disney-loving child doesn't need these?

Silly side-theatre at dinner.

Listening to "rock" bands playing in the backgound can inspire strange poses for photos! This was Lamar and I's Corn Dog night. You can't go to Dineyland and not eat a corn dog from the Corn Dog Cart!!


Lamar HATES the Tea Cups! Anything that spins. Normally I am right there with him, but these don't spin very fast and besides, it is part of the Disneyland experience!


I love the Chinese Lanterns at night over the Tea Cups.




I got a little bored waiting in line for Peter Pan on the last day. I guess maybe I should re-think letting Lamar choose the pics to post.

Our 6 year old photographer is a rising young artist in his own right, I am sure. I am just glad that Lamar made it in the shot (barely!)


Watching Billy Hill and the Hillbillies is a tradition for us. They are so funny!
Our third and final night. We closed the park down at midnight. The kids are such troopers to be able to keep up with Lamar! We had to keep a plentiful supply of M & M's and granola bars in our backpack to keep our energy up, but what a blast it was!


5 comments:

David and Tia Palmer said...

Looks like fun you guys! We're hoping to make it there for our Christmas present this year! Miss you!

The Larry and Lori Layton Family said...

Elizabeth definitely does NOT look happy after getting wet. Looks like you had a great time and its good to see you posting again.

Lisa said...

Yay! Looks like so much fun! I love it all! Thanks for FINALLY posting these ;)

The Hermyzoo! said...

Looks like you had a fun time.

Tara Reid said...

Hey Danae! I was looking at a friends blog and your blog was on their side bar, so of course I had to stop in and take a peak! I didn't know you had a blog! It looks like your Disneyland trip was great. Whenever I think of Disneyland, I always think of the Echols family. You guys are awesome.